. Lectures and trainings
- Reinforcing a Malian research team at an environmental strategic study.
- Lectures about potential negative side effects of more irrigation.
- Lecture Climate change and vegetation dynamics in the Sahel, at the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency.
- Training professors of the Agricultural University of Rwanda: Developing and writing applied research proposals.
- Lecture at the Séminaire Agroforesterie Intensive, Goma (DRC).
- Key note AFOMDnet Conference ( Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast).
Consultancy missions and studies
- Three support missions to Mali for the Environmental Ministry, requested by the Dutch Environmental Commission.
- How to decrease differences related to gender in agriculture in DR Congo?
- Micro-dosing of fertilizer in an agroforestry context Sahel & Horn of Africa.
- Defining and describing intensive agroforestry, and quantifying its inputs, outputs and benefits
Some recent studies (titles all publications under “About me”)
- Refugees, agriculture & food. Contribution to ‘It’s the food my friend’, a series of dialogues. Rode Hoed, Amsterdam. http://www.foodlog.nl/artikel/landbouwliberalisering-oorzaak-van-migratiegolf-niet-klimaat
- Rural development and food security in Africa; required agriculture and inherent research.
- Limiting factors for crop production on dryland.
- What type of agriculture can nourish the growing world population? Written for OXFAM-Novib.
- Agricultural development in Burundi, RD Congo & Rwanda: ISFM, food security, intensive agroforestry and mechanization.
- The agro-ecological solution !? Food security and poverty reduction in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Collaboration agropastorale sahélienne. Intégration cultures & élevage comme business.